Highlands, North Carolina, transforms into a winter paradise each year, offering a serene and joyous escape. The town is a hub of activity, with events like “Light Up the Park & Main” where Santa leads the lighting of holiday lights, and the “Highlands Olde Mountain Christmas Parade,” bringing an old-fashioned, small-town charm to the holiday season.
For those seeking a more personal touch, “Santa in the Park” is a heartwarming event where children can meet Santa and drop off their letters at a special North Pole mailbox.
Its serene atmosphere makes it a perfect destination for those seeking a peaceful getaway or an adventurous winter experience. Here’s what makes Highlands so special in winter:
- Magical Winter Activities: Highlands offers delightful winter activities, including walking behind an icy waterfall, outdoor ice skating, and snow tubing. The season’s charm is evident in every corner of this quaint town.
- Festive Events: Enjoy the “Light Up the Park & Main” event, “Highlands Olde Mountain Christmas Parade,” and “Santa in the Park,” bringing a festive spirit to the town.
- The “Snow Fest @ 4118” event in Highlands, NC, celebrates winter fun and activities. Here are the details:
- What: Snow Fest @ 4118 is a winter festival that offers a variety of snow-related activities. It features attractions such as a snowball toss, a snow tube merry-go-round, a snow slide, and an ice-skating rink. The event is designed to provide winter fun for friends and family, with activities suitable for all ages. If necessary, snow blowers ensure plenty of snow for everyone to enjoy.
- When: The event is scheduled for Saturday, January 27, and Sunday, January 28, 2024. It runs from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on both days, providing ample time for attendees to enjoy all the activities.
- Where: Snow Fest @ 4118 takes place in Kelsey-Hutchinson Founders Park, a central location in Highlands, NC. This park is a key location for many of the town’s events and provides a picturesque setting for the winter festivities.
- Why: The Snow Fest @ 4118 is organized to celebrate the winter season and the unique charm of Highlands during this time of the year. It’s an opportunity for both locals and visitors to engage in fun winter activities, enjoy the beauty of the snowy landscape, and experience the community spirit of Highlands. The event is part of Highlands’ efforts to offer diverse and engaging experiences to its residents and visitors, showcasing the town’s appeal as a year-round destination.
- Cozy Fireplaces and Couches: After a day of exploring, there’s nothing like relaxing by a warm fireplace. Many accommodations in Highlands feature cozy fireplaces, perfect for enjoying a hot chocolate or a good book.
- Charming Accommodations: Highlands offers a range of accommodations, each with its unique blend of sophistication and small-town charm. Here are some top places to stay:
- Highlands Inn: Known as the Crown Jewel of Highlands, this historic inn offers Southern mountain hospitality with a warm, welcoming lobby and a step back into history.
- Old Edwards Inn and Spa: A top hotel in the U.S., Old Edwards Inn and Spa provides a luxurious experience with rustic mountain elegance, perfect for relaxation and romance.
- The Park on Main Hotel: A pet-friendly luxury hotel with an upscale-rustic theme, offering suites with garden terrace views and balconies overlooking the streets.
- Other options include guest houses, lodges, and boutique hotels, most within walking distance of downtown, enhancing the quaint Highlands feeling.
Beyond these events, Highlands offers a cozy and charming experience. From the rustic elegance of local inns to the warmth of crackling fireplaces and delightful local cuisine, the town encapsulates the essence of a cozy winter getaway. Strolling down Main Street, you’ll immerse yourself in the picturesque beauty of snow-covered landscapes, with opportunities to relax, dine, and shop in a setting that feels like a winter dream.
Imagine owning a custom mountain home in this winter wonderland. Brian Horner Custom Homes can make this dream a reality. Specializing in crafting homes that blend with the natural beauty of the Highlands, they are the go-to experts for creating your perfect mountain retreat. Contact Brian Horner Custom Homes to discuss your future in this magical town.