If you’re looking for something fun to do this Thanksgiving or Christmas, look no further than Highlands, NC! There are a ton of great events going on that the whole family will enjoy. From festive parades to holiday concerts, there’s something for everyone. So pack your bags and head on over to Highlands—you won’t regret it!
Here are 10 of our favorites so get your calendar out and start planning your winter escape today!
- Holiday Arts & Craft Show Sat, Nov 19, 10 AM – 4 PM a unique shopping experience on the plateau, showcasing a selection of high-quality handmade works by local and regional artists. Gift wrapping for a fee will be provided. https://www.thelaurelmagazine.com/local-event/holiday-arts-craft-show
- 35th Annual Hard-Candy Christmas – Nov 25 at 10 am until Nov 26 at 5 pm. Mountain Artisans Hard Candy Christmas includes a hundred regional artisans who have their handmade on display for sale in this folk and heritage craft show. The show has everything from quilters to soap makers, basket makers, leather craftsmen, master jewelers, and more. Starting in 1987, the event has grown every year and now takes place at Western Carolina University’s Ramsey Center in Cullowhee, NC. https://www.discoverjacksonnc.com/calendar-event/hard-candy-christmas/
- Cashiers Festival of Trees Nov 25 Fri, Nov 25, 10:00 AM – Sat, Nov 26, 5:30 PM The 2022 Cashiers Festival of Trees is a two-day, family-friendly event during Thanksgiving weekend where guests can get in the holiday spirit by viewing and bidding on decorated Christmas trees and holiday décor, enjoy a variety of holiday performances, create personalized children’s crafts, celebrate literacy on the Dolly Parton Imagination Library Storytime Stage, enjoy a Build-a-Bear Experience, and shop one-of-a-kind gifts in the Gift Zone. https://www.discoverjacksonnc.com/calendar-event/cashiers-festival-of-trees/
- Santa on the Green, Cashiers Christmas Tree Lighting, & Mistletoe Market Fri, Nov 25, 2:00 – 6:30 PM enjoy twinkling light displays and festive decorations from Thanksgiving Weekend until New Year’s Day. The park becomes a winter wonderland to make your spirits merry and bright. Mistletoe Market – Artisan vendor market featuring pottery, jewelry, handmade wreaths, homemade goodies, and more! https://www.discoverjacksonnc.com/calendar-event/santa-on-the-green/
- Christmas Back Home Fri, Dec 2, 7 – 9 PM Filling the stage with music, stories, laughs and more, Christmas Back Home will kick start your holiday season and have your toes tapping to your favorite Christmas tunes. https://smokymountainarts.com/pec-events/christmas-back-home/
- Highlands Olde Mountain Christmas Parade Sat, Dec 3, 10:30 AM
- Christmas Parade in Cashiers, NC Sat, Dec 3, 3:00 – 4:30 PM
- Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer- The Musical on Sat, Dec 17, 2 – 3 PM at the Smoky Mountain Center for the Performing Arts https://www.highlandschamber.org/event/rudolph-the-red-nose-reindeer-the-musical/546/
- Fireside at The Farm, A Holiday Evening with Mike Kinnebrew Thu, Dec 15 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM Settle into the magical ambiance of The Farm on December 15 and relax into a special evening with the sounds of holiday music filling the pavilion. Mike’s talent for engaging the audience with music from the heart will make for an unforgettable evening. Come experience this charming singer-songwriter and Highlands’ favorite for yourself. https://www.highlandschamber.org/event/fireside-at-the-farm-a-holiday-evening-with-mike-kinnebrew/651/
- Home for the Holidays Dec 17 – 31 at the Highlands Playhouse Celebrate the season as we make magic in the mountains this holiday. Sing along to your favorite holiday hits while being dazzled by high-energy choreography, beautiful costumes, a triple-threat cast, and incredible live musicians. https://www.highlandschamber.org/event/home-for-the-holidays/538/
The holidays are a great time to come to the Highlands, NC area. There is always something festive going on that the whole family can enjoy. From Christmas parades and festivals to holiday concerts, there is sure to be an event that everyone will love. If you’re thinking about making a move to the mountains, now is a perfect time.
We hope you have a joyous holiday season!
Contact Brian Horner Custom Homes today to discuss your custom-built mountain home. We would love to help you make your dreams of owning a mountain home a reality.